Timeline of Major Transits in October
- On October 6 Venus becomes Stationary Retrograde (10°/11° Scorpio). Click HERE For an in depth article on the retrogradation of Venus between October 6 and November 16.
- From October 10 to 31 Mercury will also join Venus in Scorpio, strengthening the Scorpio effect at this time.
- Venus square Mars on October 11 (10° of Scorpio-Aquarius), the blurred line between attraction and antagonism between the sexes. Exciting or destructive fire works. Keeping our cool could prove a challenge, with tomorrow Sun-Pluto’s aspect adding intensity to the mix.
- The next day,October 12 the Sun square Pluto (Libra-Capricorn) and Mercury conjunct Venus (08°50’ Scorpio).
- Mercury square Mars on October 20 (14°30′ Scorpio-Aquarius), disputes, heated arguments or intense, in depth conversations, this is no time for gossip or idle chit chat.
- The Sun enters Scorpio on October 23 and on October 24 opposes Uranus in Taurus. Conscious striving toward individuality and independent choices; tugs of war, control issues. Uranus the mover and shaker could shake up the world finance and geology, extreme weather events above average around this time.
- Venus sextiles Saturn (04°21’ Scorpio-Capricorn), on October 24 too. Common sense hopefully helping to keep us sane, encouraging us to embrace the practical and enjoy the unavoidable routine, work and duties.
- Sun-Venus Conjunction on October 27. Venus’ orbit will pass between the Earth and the Sun, and will be lost in the Sun glare for a while. This occurs once in every synodic cycle of the planet (584 days), and marks the end of Venus’ Evening apparition and beginning of her Morning rising. This could prove a significant shift in the love life and relationships of many people, with a new, more candid look at love, creativity, pleasure and comfort in our lives, with the naivety that new beginnings entail.
- Venus square Lunar Nodes (0°37’ Scorpio-Leo-Aquarius) on October 31. Fate is obviously playing an important part in our experiences at present, especially those involving relationships, creativity, finances. Venus also opposes Uranus in Taurus on October 31, enhancing the desire for independence and individuality within relationships and in any creative artistic process we may be engaged in. Unexpected events are likely.
Timeline of Major Transits in November
- Venus re-enters Libra on November 1. After the plunge into the deep and dark waters of Scorpio this Libra Venus is wiser if less idealistic.
- Uranus re-enters Aries in retro motion on November 7 and square the Nodes (link to past and future eclipses)! The same day the North Node will shift into the back of Cancer, from Leo, and the South Node into the back of Capricorn, from Aquarius. On November 6 will be held the USA all important mid-term elections.
Uranus square the Lunar Nodes is an ongoing transit that has manifested recently in intractable political chaos in many countries, as well as unprecedented weather events. More of the same, I suspect, is in the cards for the remaining of this year.
- Jupiter’s splendid entrance into Sagittarius on November 8. I call it splendid because Sagittarius is a much more suitable environment for Jupiter than Scorpio was. The Fire, Air and Mutable Signs in particular, but all of us could profit from the inspiration and optimism of this year long transit, offering opportunities to right some of the wrongs we have uncovered during the Jupiter’s transit through Scorpio and to look with greater confidence into the future. Jupiter will be in Sagittarius until early December 2019.
- Venus trine Mars (26° Libra-Aquarius) on November 10 (see Venus square Mars on October 11). A change of pace between these masculine and feminine cosmic energies, from open conflict to leaning toward peace making and reconciliation, when we are prepared to be less uncompromising and more tolerant.
- Mars enters Pisces on November 16. On the same day Venus turns Direct. It seems an opportunity to go with the flow and trust it will bring us where we need to go.
- On November 17 Mercury turns Retro (13°29’ Sagittarius. Mercury will re-enter Scorpio on December 1 and retrograde until December 7, when it will turn Direct at 27°16’ Scorpio. Mercury will re-enter Sagittarius on December 13 2018. Expect the usual difficulties and disruptions in your daily life; take it easy, it will pass.
- On November 20 Mars square Jupiter Pisces-Sagittarius. Time for caution because we could make steps longer than our legs under this over-optimistic, over-reaching transit. Cultivate clarity and discrimination and try not to act too much on impulse.
- Sun enters Sagittarius on November 22 and becomes conjunct Jupiter on November 23. More expansive feelings and positive outlook. Blind optimism not recommended, but if we remain grounded real opportunities will come our way.
- Mercury-Sun Inferior conjunction on November 27 at 05°03’ Sagittarius. Like Venus in late October, Mercury will soon begin to rise before the Sun in the morning.
Looking ahead: timeline of Major Transits for early December 2018
- Venus re-enters Scorpio on December 3, same day Sun square Mars (Sagittarius-Pisces).
- December 6: Sun square Neptune.
- December 8: Mars conjunct Neptune in Pisces.
- December 9: Chiron turns Retrograde.
- Venus will enter Sagittarius only in the new year, on January 7 2019.